`Govt keen to set up aviation university`
Hyderabad: Government is mulling setting up
an aviation university to address the skilled manpower shortage in the sector, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said Wednesday.
Speaking after inaugurating the third edition of India Aviation 2012-- the International Civil Aviation Exhibition
and Conference at Begumpet Airport here, the minister said,
"We are keen to set up world class training and education
infrastructure for the aviation sector in the country.
"To bridge the shortage of skilled personnel in aviation
sector, we propose to set up a full-fledged university. This
project will enhance the supply of trained pilots and other
skilled personnel in aviation sector."
As part of the endeavour, several initiatives are
underway, including efforts by CAE Canada and CAPA among
others, Singh said.
The CAE global flying training institute at Gondia in
Maharashtra and CAE simulator training facilities at Bangalore
are excellent examples of such endeavours, he said.
Leading business and commercial aircraft manufacturer
including Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, Embraer, UAC-Sukhoi,
IRKUT and Berieve are participating in the five-day biennial
Dereamliner from Boeing Sukhoi`s Superjet 100 aircraft,
Airbus` A-318 and Embraer`s business jets-- Phenom 300 and
100-- are the major attractions at the third edition of the
event, jointly organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation and
the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Along with helicopters of Eurocopter, Augusta Westland,
Sikorsky and Bell are also on display.
Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, S Jaipal Reddy and
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Kumar Reddy were
also present on the occasion.
The show would be open to business visitors for the first
three days, and to the general public on March 17 and 18.
25 aircrafts for static and flying display are on show,
while around 200 companies from the industry are participating
in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened