Govt launches Rs 100 cr project for revamping Civil Defence
New Delhi: To revamp Civil Defence set up
in the country, the government has launched a Rs 100-crore
The scheme, being implemented during the 11th Five Year
Plan, envisages upgradation of existing 17 Civil Defence
Training Institutes in the states/Union Territories in terms
of physical infrastructure, transport and equipment, setting
up of ten new such institutes.
Besides, a pilot project for involving Civil Defence in
internal security and law and order situations in 40 select
towns, re-orientation and strengthening of Civil Defence in
100 select multi-hazard districts and making them district
centric from town centric were also part of it.
During 2009-10, Rs 14.80 crore have been released to the
state governments under the scheme, Minister of State for Home
Ajay Maken informed Rajya Sabha.
Out of 17 states, 12 have finalised their plans for
upgrdation of existing training institutes.
Out of 10 states identified for setting up of new
training institutes, only Chhattisgarh has allotted land and
the remaining States/UTs are in process of acquiring land.
This component is to be implemented during 2010-11.
Under the pilot project, 212 Master Trainers have been
trained in National Civil Defence College, Nagpur and 1,196
volunteers have been trained by Master Trainers in various
A total of 56,705 volunteers have been weeded out and
35,643 have been enrolled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly