Govt likely to set up Universities for Research and Innovation
New Delhi: The government on Friday said it is considering a proposal for setting up of Universities for Research and Innovation, which aims at establishing world- class institutes focused on high-quality research
"The concept of universities aiming at world class standards has been developed...These universities are called Universities for research and Innovation...A legislative proposal for setting up of Universities for Innovation is under consideration of the government," Minister of State in the Human Research Development ministry E Ahamed informed Rajya Sabha in reply to a query.
The state governments have been asked by the HRD ministry to identify a suitable site for the proposed universities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'