Govt may agree to JPC probe in 2G scam: Bansal
Lucknow: Parliamentary Affairs Minister
Pawan Kumar Bansal on Thursday hinted that the government may reach
an agreement with the Opposition on formation of a Joint
Parliamentary Committee to probe the 2G Spectrum scam.
"We have worked out something...but we can`t say anything
right now," Bansal told reporters on the sidelines of a
He said to "some extent" the government was ready for
"But we want the Opposition to cooperate with the
government and ensure that Parliament functions," he said
ahead of the Budget session, which begins Monday.
Bansal was here to attend the diamond jubilee celebration
of Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI).
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had yesterday given the
clearest signal that the government was ready for a JPC probe
in the 2G scam, when he said that he was not afraid of
appearing before the panel.
"Full efforts are being undertaken to see that some way
will be found (to ensure that Parliament functions). I hope it
will happen," Singh had said when he was asked by television
editors at an interaction whether the government would agree
to the JPC.
The winter session of Parliament was a washout with the
Opposition unrelenting in its demand for a JPC to probe the 2G
scam and alleged bungling in Commonwealth Games projects and
Adarsh housing society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO