Govt may bring land acquisition bill in winter session
New Delhi: Government may bring the Land Acquisition Bill in the Winter session of Parliament with Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday stating that the Group of Ministers headed by him may probably complete the scrutiny of contentious provisions in the legislation in a week`s time.
"Our efforts are to finish (the scrutiny of the bill) as early as possible, probably in a week`s time," Pawar told reporters on the sidelines of an Agriculture conference here today.
Government constituted a 14-member GoM headed by Pawar last week after some ministers voiced reservations over certain provisions of the controversial Bill.
Rechristened as `The Right to Fair Compensation, Resettlement, Rehabilitation and Transparency in Land Acquisition` Bill, it has been hanging fire for long even though the National Advisory Council headed by Sonia Gandhi has been pushing for the law and has framed its broad contours.
The Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011 was introduced in Parliament in September last year and was referred to a Parliamentary Standing Committee, which submitted its recommendations in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi