Govt may clear DA hike for employees, decision today
New Delhi: About 50 lakh central government employees may get 8 percentage points increase in their dearness allowance (DA), as a proposal in this regard is likely to get the Cabinet approval on Friday.
Pensioners may also get the dearness relief, highly placed sources said.
The DA would be revised from 27 percent to 35 percent of basic salaries, giving some respite from high inflation.
The increase would be given with retrospective effect from January this year.
The DA revision is based on the consumer price index (CPI) for industrial workers, which has been showing a steep increase along with other indices of the price rise.
The CPI for industrial workers increased to 16.2 percent in January from 10.4 percent a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country