Govt may clear DA hike for employees, decision today
New Delhi: About 50 lakh central government employees may get 8 percentage points increase in their dearness allowance (DA), as a proposal in this regard is likely to get the Cabinet approval on Friday.
Pensioners may also get the dearness relief, highly placed sources said.
The DA would be revised from 27 percent to 35 percent of basic salaries, giving some respite from high inflation.
The increase would be given with retrospective effect from January this year.
The DA revision is based on the consumer price index (CPI) for industrial workers, which has been showing a steep increase along with other indices of the price rise.
The CPI for industrial workers increased to 16.2 percent in January from 10.4 percent a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire