Govt may go for trust vote over coal allocation
New Delhi: Taking the BJP head on, the Congress-led UPA government may bring in a confidence motion in Parliament over the CAG report on coal block allocation, which has been used by opposition to attack Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Sources told Zee News on Monday that the government is ready to face a trust vote in Parliament but won’t bow down to the pressure tactics being employed by the BJP.
The government is also clear that there is no question of cancellation of existing coal blocks allocations and that it will fight the allegations on a political level.
The Prime Minister is under attack over the allocation during 2005-2009 when he held the coal portfolio after a CAG report assessed a loss of Rs 1.85 lakh crore due to allegedly faulty allocation of coal blocks.
Making a statement in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha today, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh defended himself and his government and termed the official auditor`s report as "clearly disputable" and "flawed" because of its assumptions and computations.
The Prime Minister said in his statement that he takes full responsibility for the decisions of the coal ministry that he was heading during the allocation of coal blocks during UPA-I that the government auditor`s report says caused a loss to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!