Govt media should reach out to youths: Tewari
Hyderabad: Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari has asked different wings of his department to devise ways to reach out to "young Indians" in a big way.
Tewari, who arrived here this afternoon on a two-day visit, reviewed the performance of Doordarshan, All India Radio, Press Information Bureau and other divisions in the city.
Referring to the "paradigm shift" in the media scenario over the last five years, the Minister said, "Young Indians use new media in a big way and we must see how we can reach out to them."
Senior officials from these divisions attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter