Govt monitoring development in China: Antony
New Delhi: The government is regularly monitoring all developments in the neighbouring countries which have a bearing on the national security, Defence Ministry AK Antony told the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
In a written reply to the House, Antony said, "Government is regularly monitoring all developments in our neighbourhood which have a bearing on the national security."
He was replying to a "whether security agencies have informed that China is building major infrastructure along the border".
To strengthen security infrastructure, the minister said, "Required measures have been initiated through development of infrastructure and operational capabilities to achieve desired levels of defence preparedness to safeguard the sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of India."
Replying to another question on visit on Indian warships to Shanghai in China, Antony said, "The visit of Indian warships to Shanghai was in accordance with the understanding between the two countries to make port calls to each other`s ports as a confidence building measure."
Constructive engagement with foreign Navies is one of the activities during the peace time, he said.
Four Indian warships INS Rana, INS Shivalik, INS Karmuk and INS Shakti had made a port call at Shanghai in April on way to Japan under the annual Long Rang Operational Deployment in high seas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands