Govt moots national museum for Indian cinema by 2013: Soni
Mumbai: The Central government plans to set
up a national museum here for Indian cinema by 2013 to
commemorate the centenary of the film industry.
"We are committed to the national heritage mission and
will be celebrating 100-years of Indian cinema in 2013 for
which we are setting up a national museum of Indian cinema in
Mumbai...we have already allocated Rs 650-crore for the same,"
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni
In order to enhance the technical aspects of the Indian
film industry and to increase the trend of animation and
gaming, the ministry also has plans to set up a national
centre for animation and gaming industry at an initial
investment of Rs 52-crore, she told reporters on the sidelines
of FICCI-FRAMES 2010 here.
On service tax relaxation, the minister said that the
Government would review the matter.
"We are completing 100-years of cinema and I don`t make
people feel unhappy. We will review the matter with the
Finance Ministry," she said.
The last Budget has proposed to bring copyright on
recording of cinematographic films and sound recordings under
the taxable category of intellectual property rights.
On the issue of Phase-III FM radio broadcasting, Soni
said that the ministry will draft the policy in this regard
and the auction will be held as per schedule.
The government had made some amendments in Cinematograph
Act to curb piracy, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons