Govt moves Guj HC to cancel bail of Bajrangi in riot cases
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigating Team
(SIT) probing afresh some of the 2002 post-Godhra riot cases
and the Gujarat Government have sought cancellation of bail
granted to former VHP leader and accused Babu Bajrangi.
An application for cancellation of bail of Bajrangi,
an accused in rioting at Naroda Patiya and Narod Gam here, was
filed in the Gujarat High Court in last week of July.
When the plea came up for hearing today, Justice Z K
Saiyad adjourned the matter till August 30.
Special Public Prosecutor J M Panchal said the State
Government is seeking revocation of Bajrangi`s bail on the
ground of his statements made during the Tehelka`s sting
operation of 2007.
In the video tapes, Bajrangi is purportedly shown
boasting about his heroics during the riots and how he
instigated mobs in attacking the minority community. He was
arrested in 2002 and later granted bail by the High Court.
Meanwhile, the government and SIT have also challenged
an order of the designated court hearing the Naroda Gam case,
disallowing SIT from taking voice samples of Bajrangi and
former VHP leader Jaydeep Patel for the purpose of matching
them with the voice contained in Tehelka tapes.
Justice Akil Kureshi had issued notices early this
week in this regard and fixed the further hearing on August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt