Govt must snap all ties with Pak after Sarabjit Singh`s death: VHP
Allahabad: VHP on Thursday demanded that India snap all diplomatic and cultural ties and trade relations with Pakistan and put pressure on the UN to declare the neighbouring country a "terrorist state", following the death of Sarabjit Singh after a brutal attack.
"The brutal murder of Sarabjit, who had languished in Pakistani jails for 20 years is a result of our government`s weak policies as well as the growing audacity of the neighbouring country, which has been enjoying military support from China.
"The people of Hindustan will not tolerate Pakistan`s mischief any more", VHP international working president Praveen Togadia told PTI.
"Our government must immediately snap all diplomatic ties with Pakistan and send out a strong message by closing the Indian Embassy there besides putting pressure on the UN to declare Pakistan a terrorist state", he said.
The VHP leader also demanded immediate cancellation of visas granted to all Pakistani nationals, be they artistes, sportsmen, traders or those coming in search of better educational and health-care facilities.
"Entry of trucks and buses into the country from across the border must, henceforth, be banned," he said.
"Besides, our government must ensure that a delegation comprising members of the National Human Rights Commission, doctors, senior officials from police and the judiciary besides a representative of the UNHRC accompany Sarabjit`s family when they go to Pakistan to bring back his body.
"This is essential to investigate the circumstances behind the brutal attack which claimed his life," he said.
In addition, the authenticity of his medical reports and the post-mortem report needs to be examined, he added.
"Meanwhile, the VHP along with its youth wing Bajrang Dal and women`s wing Durga Vahini is holding nation-wide demonstrations wherein memorandums will be handed over to local administrative officials in support of the aforesaid demands", Togadia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India