Govt must snap all ties with Pak after Sarabjit Singh`s death: VHP
Allahabad: VHP on Thursday demanded that India snap all diplomatic and cultural ties and trade relations with Pakistan and put pressure on the UN to declare the neighbouring country a "terrorist state", following the death of Sarabjit Singh after a brutal attack.
"The brutal murder of Sarabjit, who had languished in Pakistani jails for 20 years is a result of our government`s weak policies as well as the growing audacity of the neighbouring country, which has been enjoying military support from China.
"The people of Hindustan will not tolerate Pakistan`s mischief any more", VHP international working president Praveen Togadia told PTI.
"Our government must immediately snap all diplomatic ties with Pakistan and send out a strong message by closing the Indian Embassy there besides putting pressure on the UN to declare Pakistan a terrorist state", he said.
The VHP leader also demanded immediate cancellation of visas granted to all Pakistani nationals, be they artistes, sportsmen, traders or those coming in search of better educational and health-care facilities.
"Entry of trucks and buses into the country from across the border must, henceforth, be banned," he said.
"Besides, our government must ensure that a delegation comprising members of the National Human Rights Commission, doctors, senior officials from police and the judiciary besides a representative of the UNHRC accompany Sarabjit`s family when they go to Pakistan to bring back his body.
"This is essential to investigate the circumstances behind the brutal attack which claimed his life," he said.
In addition, the authenticity of his medical reports and the post-mortem report needs to be examined, he added.
"Meanwhile, the VHP along with its youth wing Bajrang Dal and women`s wing Durga Vahini is holding nation-wide demonstrations wherein memorandums will be handed over to local administrative officials in support of the aforesaid demands", Togadia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test