Govt not afraid of facing no-trust vote: Shinde
New Delhi: Amidst talk of a no-confidence motion or a vote on FDI issue, Government today said that it was "not afraid" of facing any challenge in Parliament.
"We are not not afraid. We have the numbers", Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who is also the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha, told PTI dismissing any threat to government in the winter session beginning Thursday.
Shinde`s remarks come in the wake of plans of Trinamool Congress to move a no confidence motion against the government and the Opposition seeking to close ranks to press for a resolution on FDI in retail issue under a rule entailing voting.
"There is need for all political parties to work together when the country is facing a crisis and there are financial difficulties.
"I do not want to talk about any particular person..... We have experienced in the last session of Parliament that we could not do much business. There has been reaction in the country also. Our appeal to all is to help run the House smoothly", he said without naming any political party.
Government, he said, was prepared to respond to any issue raised by the opposition.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, whose party has 19 members in the Lok Sabha, has announced plans to bring a no confidence motion on the opening day of the session.
55 MPs are required to support a no-confidence motion and the talk in Congress is that Banerjee may not find support among parties for her move in this regard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know