Govt not breaking Team Anna’s unity: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Slamming Team Anna, Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Saturday said there was lack of unity among members of Anna Hazare`s team and dismissed the charge that government was trying to break it.
"There is already no unity among the members of Anna Hazare`s team. So, there is no need for us to break their unity, as someone alleged," the Minister of state in the PMO told reporters at the airport here.
Narayanasamy`s remarks come in the wake of charge by Hazare in the backdrop of his meeting with Law Minister Salman Khurshid that the government was conspiring to split his team.
Hitting out at team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for his attack on members of Parliament, Narayanasamy said, "There are certain allegations against Kejriwal, a former bureaucrat. Their attempt to control Parliament is condemnable."
Replying to a question, he said, "Our leader Rahul Gandhi finding a place in the Cabinet is a proud moment to every Congressman. However, this matter will be decided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi."
To a query on Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking a meeting of the Cauvery Water Authority, he said since the case was in the Supreme Court, the Prime Minister cannot intervene. But, he would surely take steps to ensure Tamil Nadu gets its share of Cauvery water (from Karnataka).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31