Govt not breaking Team Anna’s unity: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Slamming Team Anna, Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Saturday said there was lack of unity among members of Anna Hazare`s team and dismissed the charge that government was trying to break it.
"There is already no unity among the members of Anna Hazare`s team. So, there is no need for us to break their unity, as someone alleged," the Minister of state in the PMO told reporters at the airport here.
Narayanasamy`s remarks come in the wake of charge by Hazare in the backdrop of his meeting with Law Minister Salman Khurshid that the government was conspiring to split his team.
Hitting out at team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for his attack on members of Parliament, Narayanasamy said, "There are certain allegations against Kejriwal, a former bureaucrat. Their attempt to control Parliament is condemnable."
Replying to a question, he said, "Our leader Rahul Gandhi finding a place in the Cabinet is a proud moment to every Congressman. However, this matter will be decided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi."
To a query on Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking a meeting of the Cauvery Water Authority, he said since the case was in the Supreme Court, the Prime Minister cannot intervene. But, he would surely take steps to ensure Tamil Nadu gets its share of Cauvery water (from Karnataka).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you