Govt not breaking Team Anna’s unity: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Slamming Team Anna, Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Saturday said there was lack of unity among members of Anna Hazare`s team and dismissed the charge that government was trying to break it.
"There is already no unity among the members of Anna Hazare`s team. So, there is no need for us to break their unity, as someone alleged," the Minister of state in the PMO told reporters at the airport here.
Narayanasamy`s remarks come in the wake of charge by Hazare in the backdrop of his meeting with Law Minister Salman Khurshid that the government was conspiring to split his team.
Hitting out at team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for his attack on members of Parliament, Narayanasamy said, "There are certain allegations against Kejriwal, a former bureaucrat. Their attempt to control Parliament is condemnable."
Replying to a question, he said, "Our leader Rahul Gandhi finding a place in the Cabinet is a proud moment to every Congressman. However, this matter will be decided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi."
To a query on Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking a meeting of the Cauvery Water Authority, he said since the case was in the Supreme Court, the Prime Minister cannot intervene. But, he would surely take steps to ensure Tamil Nadu gets its share of Cauvery water (from Karnataka).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir