Govt not committed to a strong Lokpal: Anna
Ralegan Siddhi: Gandhian Anna Hazare on Wednesday hit out at the government saying that it was not committed to a strong Lokpal Bill.
Addressing mediapersons here, Hazare said, “There is a deliberate attempt to weaken the Lokpal bill.”
The Gandhian outrightly rejected the draft report of the Lokpal Bill in its present form.
Hazare, yesterday, made it very clear that he will agitate again if a strong bill is not passed in the ongoing Winter Session of Parliament.
On an emotional note, Anna asked people to support his campaign to fight corruption once more like they had, earlier.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee going into the Lokpal Bill has recommended keeping the judiciary and MPs` conduct in the House out of its purview and rejected the demand for hiving off the prosecution wing of CBI to come under its jurisdiction.
However, even the draft document has not taken a position on inclusion of Prime Minister in the ambit of Lokpal.
The draft report on the Bill, which has been circulated to members and would come up for finalisation on November 30, favours Lokpal`s jurisdiction over corporates, media and NGOs so far as receipt of donations from public within the country or from foreign sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees