‘Govt not taking action against Bangladeshis’
New Delhi: The "petty vote-bank politics"
has prevented an "intense action" by the government against
three crore Bangladesh nationals illegally staying here and
enjoying the benefits meant for Indian citizens, a Delhi court
"It is unfortunate that while genuine citizens of this
country continue to suffer in abject poverty, it is petty
vote-bank politics which prevents a firm, resolute and intense
government action against the three crores Bangladeshi
nationals illegally staying in our country, enjoying all the
benefits which otherwise are the entitlements of citizens,
thereby compelling the courts to step in," Additional Sessions
Judge Kamini Lau said.
The court`s remarks came while awarding a 4-year jail
term to a Bangladesh-based man who was convicted for illegally
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan