Govt not taking honest position on Sri Lankan issue: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday accused the government of not taking an honest position on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue and asked it respond to the resolution adopted by the Tamil Nadu assembly.
"The government is not taking a forthright and honest position on the issue. The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister has been raising the matter through a series of letters to the Prime Minister, the state assembly has also unanimously adopted a resolution.
But there is no response from the PMO," party National Secretary D Raja said.
He said such an attitude "undermined the principles of federalism and normal governance. The Prime Minister should respond to the state government`s views."
"Some Ministers were using the media to try to respond to the Sri Lankan Tamil issue, but there is nothing formal from the government," Raja told PTI.
Reacting to the war of words between Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma and the Samajwadi Party, he said "there is a big question mark on the survival and continuance of this government. After all, how long can it survive like this?"
The Prime Minister says the government would complete its full term, "but he also speaks about uncertainties," Raja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video