Govt not taking honest position on Sri Lankan issue: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday accused the government of not taking an honest position on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue and asked it respond to the resolution adopted by the Tamil Nadu assembly.
"The government is not taking a forthright and honest position on the issue. The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister has been raising the matter through a series of letters to the Prime Minister, the state assembly has also unanimously adopted a resolution.
But there is no response from the PMO," party National Secretary D Raja said.
He said such an attitude "undermined the principles of federalism and normal governance. The Prime Minister should respond to the state government`s views."
"Some Ministers were using the media to try to respond to the Sri Lankan Tamil issue, but there is nothing formal from the government," Raja told PTI.
Reacting to the war of words between Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma and the Samajwadi Party, he said "there is a big question mark on the survival and continuance of this government. After all, how long can it survive like this?"
The Prime Minister says the government would complete its full term, "but he also speaks about uncertainties," Raja said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!