Govt, Oppn appear to be positive: Patkar
New Delhi: Civil rights activist Medha Patkar on Saturday said both the government and the Opposition parties appear to be positive on the Lokpal debate, adding it remains to be seen how they come out on the issue in Parliament.
Patkar, who along with Team Anna members met Law Minister Salman Khurshid this morning, said how positive everyone is will be seen in Parliament.
She added that the talks with both the sides have been positive.
The activist further stated that even if the Parliament today adopts a favourable resolution after the debate on Lokpal, Anna Hazare’s campaign for a strong legislation will continue.
Patkar had earlier said Hazare will not break his fast unless the Parliament moves a resolution on the three key issues.
The three issues are: bringing the lower bureaucracy under the Lokpal, setting up Lokayuktas in states and setting up Citizens Charter in government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users