Govt, Oppn appear to be positive: Patkar
New Delhi: Civil rights activist Medha Patkar on Saturday said both the government and the Opposition parties appear to be positive on the Lokpal debate, adding it remains to be seen how they come out on the issue in Parliament.
Patkar, who along with Team Anna members met Law Minister Salman Khurshid this morning, said how positive everyone is will be seen in Parliament.
She added that the talks with both the sides have been positive.
The activist further stated that even if the Parliament today adopts a favourable resolution after the debate on Lokpal, Anna Hazare’s campaign for a strong legislation will continue.
Patkar had earlier said Hazare will not break his fast unless the Parliament moves a resolution on the three key issues.
The three issues are: bringing the lower bureaucracy under the Lokpal, setting up Lokayuktas in states and setting up Citizens Charter in government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations