Govt, Oppn both working for corporates: Govindacharya
Agra: Jumping on the corruption
bandwagon, Former BJP leader Govindacharya has held both the
government and the opposition responsible for the
corporatisation of politics in the country, saying that a sort
of corporatocracy was functioning in the country.
He said there was political misconduct and corruption
in the country and the distinction between the government and
the Opposition was getting blurred because neither of them was
thinking about the good of the people.
Speaking in a seminar organised by Swadeshi Jagran
Manch last night, he said that it appeared that the
government`s policies were being prepared keeping the
interests of the corporate sector in mind.
Analysing the constitution of the last three Lok
Sabhas, he said while the first had a high percentage of
criminals, the second was formed on the basis of money and the
latest had the largest number of crorepatis.
Political parties had brought in the crorepati
legislators deliberately, with the result that policies were
now being framed for their benefit.
Govindacharya further said that corruption could be
checked only with character-formation and a change in the
system adding that if people can get their work done through
the routine system they would not resort to corrupt ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees