Govt, Oppn both working for corporates: Govindacharya
Agra: Jumping on the corruption
bandwagon, Former BJP leader Govindacharya has held both the
government and the opposition responsible for the
corporatisation of politics in the country, saying that a sort
of corporatocracy was functioning in the country.
He said there was political misconduct and corruption
in the country and the distinction between the government and
the Opposition was getting blurred because neither of them was
thinking about the good of the people.
Speaking in a seminar organised by Swadeshi Jagran
Manch last night, he said that it appeared that the
government`s policies were being prepared keeping the
interests of the corporate sector in mind.
Analysing the constitution of the last three Lok
Sabhas, he said while the first had a high percentage of
criminals, the second was formed on the basis of money and the
latest had the largest number of crorepatis.
Political parties had brought in the crorepati
legislators deliberately, with the result that policies were
now being framed for their benefit.
Govindacharya further said that corruption could be
checked only with character-formation and a change in the
system adding that if people can get their work done through
the routine system they would not resort to corrupt ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala