Govt, Oppn both working for corporates: Govindacharya
Agra: Jumping on the corruption
bandwagon, Former BJP leader Govindacharya has held both the
government and the opposition responsible for the
corporatisation of politics in the country, saying that a sort
of corporatocracy was functioning in the country.
He said there was political misconduct and corruption
in the country and the distinction between the government and
the Opposition was getting blurred because neither of them was
thinking about the good of the people.
Speaking in a seminar organised by Swadeshi Jagran
Manch last night, he said that it appeared that the
government`s policies were being prepared keeping the
interests of the corporate sector in mind.
Analysing the constitution of the last three Lok
Sabhas, he said while the first had a high percentage of
criminals, the second was formed on the basis of money and the
latest had the largest number of crorepatis.
Political parties had brought in the crorepati
legislators deliberately, with the result that policies were
now being framed for their benefit.
Govindacharya further said that corruption could be
checked only with character-formation and a change in the
system adding that if people can get their work done through
the routine system they would not resort to corrupt ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof