Govt plans to set up IT Institute to tackle cyber crime
Allahabad: The Union Government has decided
to set up a state-of-the-art institute dedicated to churning
out professionals and developing technologies to tackle cyber
"The Union HRD Ministry recently took the decision to set
up a state-of-the-art Indian Institute of Information
Technology (IIIT), which would focus solely on strengthening
cyber laws, producing cyber professionals trained to develop
new software and technologies to fight the menace," Director
of the IIIT-Allahabad M D Tiwari told PTI here.
The decision was taken at a meeting held in New Delhi on
January 24, attended by directors of the four existing IIITs
of the country and HRD officials, Tiwari said.
"It was decided that the Institute would be built at a
cost of Rs 100 crore on a Public-Private-Partnership model
with IIIT-Allahabad playing the vital role of working out the
details of this institute and its concept," he said.
As per an estimate of the HRD Ministry, the country needs
2.5 lakh IT experts to tackle cyber crime, Tiwari said.
"Once the location for the new IIIT is finalised, the
industrial sector, the Centre and the concerned state
government are likely to share the expenses," he said.
"While the Union HRD Ministry will be providing Rs 50
crore, the state will bear expenses worth Rs 35 crore by
ensuring availability of land and other requisite facilities.
The Industry will chip in with the remaining Rs 15 crore," he
He said IIIT-A was selected to play a vital role as it is
the only IIIT to have expertise in the field of cyber law and
even runs a postgraduate programme on the subject.
"The fact that we have a Rs seven crore IT Forensic Lab
and many researches in the field to our credit also went in
our favour," he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!