Govt policy on Aadhar not clear: Aruna Roy
Udaipur: Social activist Aruna Roy on Saturday said the Union government`s policy on Aadhar Card scheme was not clear.
The government had not called any meeting to discuss the suggestions given by the stakeholders with regard to the scheme, she told reporters here.
The government`s policy on the scheme was not clear, the social activist said.
In the absence of a well-defined policy and guidelines, there was a possibility of the misuse of information collected by the government for this scheme, Roy said.
The social activist was in the town to address a seminar on the role of the youth in democracy organised by an NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan