Govt policy on Aadhar not clear: Aruna Roy
Udaipur: Social activist Aruna Roy on Saturday said the Union government`s policy on Aadhar Card scheme was not clear.
The government had not called any meeting to discuss the suggestions given by the stakeholders with regard to the scheme, she told reporters here.
The government`s policy on the scheme was not clear, the social activist said.
In the absence of a well-defined policy and guidelines, there was a possibility of the misuse of information collected by the government for this scheme, Roy said.
The social activist was in the town to address a seminar on the role of the youth in democracy organised by an NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post