Govt policy on Aadhar not clear: Aruna Roy
Udaipur: Social activist Aruna Roy on Saturday said the Union government`s policy on Aadhar Card scheme was not clear.
The government had not called any meeting to discuss the suggestions given by the stakeholders with regard to the scheme, she told reporters here.
The government`s policy on the scheme was not clear, the social activist said.
In the absence of a well-defined policy and guidelines, there was a possibility of the misuse of information collected by the government for this scheme, Roy said.
The social activist was in the town to address a seminar on the role of the youth in democracy organised by an NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown