Govt positive towards issues facing military veterans: Army Chief
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Friday said the government was very positive towards improving the life of military veterans and a committee under the Cabinet Secretary is looking into all of their issues.
Addressing a gathering of ex-servicemen during the General Council Meeting of Indian Ex-Services League (IESL), Gen Singh said he was in the process of revitalising the mechanism to address the grievances of veterans.
He said the veterans were the foundation of the armed forces and the nation cannot let the foundation be weak.
He told the IESL members that although 2012 has been declared `The Year of Veterans`, the attempt should not be restricted to this year alone but should be an ongoing process.
Aiming to find out an early solution to issues faced by them, the three service chiefs have already put across their points to the Cabinet Secretary and are going to have another interaction soon, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'