Govt positive towards issues facing military veterans: Army Chief
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Friday said the government was very positive towards improving the life of military veterans and a committee under the Cabinet Secretary is looking into all of their issues.
Addressing a gathering of ex-servicemen during the General Council Meeting of Indian Ex-Services League (IESL), Gen Singh said he was in the process of revitalising the mechanism to address the grievances of veterans.
He said the veterans were the foundation of the armed forces and the nation cannot let the foundation be weak.
He told the IESL members that although 2012 has been declared `The Year of Veterans`, the attempt should not be restricted to this year alone but should be an ongoing process.
Aiming to find out an early solution to issues faced by them, the three service chiefs have already put across their points to the Cabinet Secretary and are going to have another interaction soon, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets