Govt proposes online filing of performance report for babus
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to introduce a system of online filing of annual performance reports for IAS officers and will seek states` feedback on it.
A software has been developed by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) to felicitate online filing of the performance reports.
The move is aimed at reducing bureaucratic hurdles and delays which take place in processing the performance reports of over 4,700 IAS officers every year, officials said.
According to rules, an Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) assessing the performance, character, conduct and qualities of an IAS officer shall be written for each financial year.
It acts as an important document to provide basic and vital inputs for further development of an officer in terms of his or her career progressions.
Uptil now, there was no system for filing of online appraisal reports.
The DoPT has called a meeting of Principals Secretaries of general administration departments of state governments on September 27 here to discuss various administrative matters. The new system of online APAR will also be introduced to the states for their comments.
After states give their go-ahead, then only the system will be inducted and implemented, they said.
As many as 4,737 IAS officers are working in various positions across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him