Govt ready for formation of NCTC
New Delhi: The National Counterterrorism Centre (NCTC) will be headed by a Director-level officer who will report directly to the Home Minister, highly placed sources in the government have informed.
The funds for the NCTC will be provided by the Union Home Ministry with additional budgetary allocation from consolidated fund, sources added.
The Cabinet Committee on Security will take up the issue in its next meeting.
The NCTC will have a staff of about 300· It will be the only primary organisation in the country to give a detailed threat perception to a host of users, nearly 50 agencies, like intelligence, police, defence, foreign affairs, space, science and technology etc· In addition it will give long-term and short-term analysis, threat perceptions and solutions for them·
The NCTC will have an Operations Division, though armed operations against terror outfits and crime syndicates will be carried out by concerned agencies with its assistance and guidance.
However, the NCTC will not have the power to arrest or lodge an FIR. This will have to be done by concerned agencies on directions from either of the 14 Divisions of the NCTC·
The commission will be a data base for all terror and security related issues. The data base will be connected through a secure online system with all stake holders.
All 14 divisions of NCT to have different expertise and areas of specialisation·
NCTC will be the nodal centre for all strategic planning and target oriented blueprints. All stake holders will be dutybound to give information to NCTC, as and when desired and sought by it. These include all agencies working in the domain of intelligence and security related work.
NCTC to have authority to plan, recommend action for counter-terror operations to all concerned officials.
The NCTC will have a specialised Task Force to assist in all operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'