Govt ready to face Parliament over Pakistan: PM
New Delhi: Under attack from the Opposition
over talks with Pakistan, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said the government is ready to discuss all issues in Parliament.
"We are ready to discuss all issues in Parliament," he
told reporters after a meeting of leaders of political parties
convened by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar ahead of the Budget
Session of Parliament commencing from Monday.
Singh was asked about BJP saying it will seek
clarifications from the government in Parliament on why it has
decided on the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan
when terrorism from across the border has not stopped.
BJP has already made it known that it would also raise
issues like price rise and internal security situation during
The session would commence with President Pratibha
Patil`s address to the joint sitting of both Houses of
Parliament and would conclude on May 7.
The General Budget for 2010-11 will be presented on
February 26 and the Railway Budget 2010-11 on February 24.
In order to enable the Standing Committees to consider
the demands for grants of various ministries and departments
and prepare their reports, the Lok Sabha will adjourn on March
16 to reassemble on April 12.
The Rajya Sabha will also begin its sitting from February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday