Govt refutes BJP allegation of CBI working at its behest
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday refuted BJP`s allegation that CBI was working at behest of Congress to implicate its members, saying such comments always come when the principal opposition party faces any difficulty.
Rejecting BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s allegation that chargesheeting of party`s Rajasthan leader Gulab Chand Kataria in Sohrabuddin encounter case was a "well-planned conspiracy", Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said it was not correct as government does not do any politics on CBI.
"Whenever any question is posed against them (BJP), whenever any difficulty comes to them, they always say this. But, you have seen that we do not do any politics on this -- on CBI," he said, when asked to comment on BJP`s accusation.
Jaitley said CBI`s supplementary charge sheet in the Sohrabuddin case against Kataria - who was Rajasthan Home Minister when the encounter took place - is the third such instance of the investigating agency trying to "implicate" a BJP leader.
Rejecting all charges against Kataria, who is also Leader of the Opposition in the Rajasthan Assembly, BJP President Rajnath Singh said the party stands behind him and will expose attempts of CBI and Congress both "legally and politically".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership