Govt rejects JPC on Adarsh housing scam
New Delhi: Government Wednesday rejected the
opposition demand for Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into
Adarsh housing scam, saying the centre has nothing to do with
"The Adarsh housing estates is like thousands of housing
estates in various states. Government of India has nothing to
do (with it)," Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told
reporters outside Parliament.
"Parliament is meant to discuss and debate on issues
directly related to government of India... that is the domain
of Maharashtra government. There is an assembly. They will
deal in whatever manner they want to do," he said.
His assertion came when asked to comment on opposition
demand for JPC probe over Adarsh scam.
Opposition parties stalled proceedings in Parliament
demanding JPC into Adarsh housing scam as also alleged
irregularities in 2G spectrum and Commonwealth Games.
he alleged 2G scam, Mukherjee said, "We have already
instituted an inquiry before the MPs demanded."
With regard to CAG reported observation about
irregularities in allocation of 2G spectrum, he said "So far
Auditor General report is concerned there is clear provisions
in the Constitution and constitutional provisions will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested