Govt relaxes norms for dvpt fund release for J&K, NE states
New Delhi: Norms for releasing funds for the ongoing projects in Jammu and Kashmir and Northeast states were relaxed on Thursday by the government, in its effort to accelerate development work in these regions.
The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure approved the proposals of Urban Development Ministry to delink the reforms implementation with the release of funds for the second instalment in the ongoing projects in these states under Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT).
With this decision, the second instalment for ongoing projects in Northeast states and Jammu and Kashmir will be released on submission of requisite utilisation certificates to the extent of 70 per cent expenditure of earlier released funds.
The requests for release of second instalment to projects in all other states, except these two categories, will be considered on completion of four reforms out of the six mandatory Urban Local Bodies reforms including two key ones.
The two reforms relate to property tax to the extent of 60 per cent coverage of properties and 70 per cent collection efficiency and reforms on recovery of operation and maintenance cost through user charges to the extents of 70 per cent are achieved.
The states, which are not able to complete the reforms to this extent, will be asked to complete the projects from their own resources and get the amount reimbursed of the second instalment due after they achieve the reforms to this extent by the end of this fiscal.
Under the UIDSSMT, a total of 23 urban sector reforms were to be implemented within years of the Mission period upto March this year, which has now been extended by two years more.
A sum of Rs 11,358 crore has been committed for 808 projects in 673 towns in 28 states and five Union Territories under the scheme.
Out of these, 142 projects have already been physically completed and remaining projects are at various stages of completion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor