Govt responsible for country`s problems: Dasgupta
Jaipur: Holding the Union Government
responsible for price rise, corruption, poverty, unemployment
and exploitation of workers, MP and General Secretary of All
India Trade Union Congress (AITUC) Gurudas Dasgupta today said
the government has forfeited its right to rule the country.
"The government is responsible for the burning issues of
Kashmir, Maoists and Manipur. The government is not for common
people, it is just for corporates who have taken over the
policies of the government and are donating huge amounts to
political parties like Congress and BJP," Gupta alleged on the
sidelines of a function here.
He was in the city to attend the three-day general
council meeting of All India Trade Union Congress which was
Blaming the Central government for rising poverty and
related problems in the country, he said, "If the poor cannot
get bread, they have the right to struggle. I would have
picked up the gun if I were a 25-year-old man left to fight
Dasgupta said the government has promoted corporates and,
in the name of liberalisation, is giving them the liberty to
exploit workers and makes policies that suit them.
"In turn, the corporates are gifting the ruling parties
crores of rupees," he alleged.
"BJP is no different from Congress and is just doing a
drama in the name of protest against corruption by Congress.
What BJP did in Rajasthan is not hidden. Everybody knows what
was the height of corruption during previous BJP government in
Rajasthan," he alleged.
However, Dasgupta said the fair functioning of some
statuary bodies like CAG and Income Tax Tribunal suggests that
some organs have been left in the country which are not
influenced by political pressure.
"Impartial functioning of the IT tribunal has cleared
that the government was misguiding all and telling lies in the
Bofors case, while CAG and the Supreme Court also bring rays
of hope to the country. But beside these, the government is
completely non-performing," he said.
Dasgupta said the trade union movement is getting
momentum and a massive march to Parliament would be undertaken
to place a petition before the government in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in