Govt responsible for country`s problems: Dasgupta
Jaipur: Holding the Union Government
responsible for price rise, corruption, poverty, unemployment
and exploitation of workers, MP and General Secretary of All
India Trade Union Congress (AITUC) Gurudas Dasgupta today said
the government has forfeited its right to rule the country.
"The government is responsible for the burning issues of
Kashmir, Maoists and Manipur. The government is not for common
people, it is just for corporates who have taken over the
policies of the government and are donating huge amounts to
political parties like Congress and BJP," Gupta alleged on the
sidelines of a function here.
He was in the city to attend the three-day general
council meeting of All India Trade Union Congress which was
Blaming the Central government for rising poverty and
related problems in the country, he said, "If the poor cannot
get bread, they have the right to struggle. I would have
picked up the gun if I were a 25-year-old man left to fight
Dasgupta said the government has promoted corporates and,
in the name of liberalisation, is giving them the liberty to
exploit workers and makes policies that suit them.
"In turn, the corporates are gifting the ruling parties
crores of rupees," he alleged.
"BJP is no different from Congress and is just doing a
drama in the name of protest against corruption by Congress.
What BJP did in Rajasthan is not hidden. Everybody knows what
was the height of corruption during previous BJP government in
Rajasthan," he alleged.
However, Dasgupta said the fair functioning of some
statuary bodies like CAG and Income Tax Tribunal suggests that
some organs have been left in the country which are not
influenced by political pressure.
"Impartial functioning of the IT tribunal has cleared
that the government was misguiding all and telling lies in the
Bofors case, while CAG and the Supreme Court also bring rays
of hope to the country. But beside these, the government is
completely non-performing," he said.
Dasgupta said the trade union movement is getting
momentum and a massive march to Parliament would be undertaken
to place a petition before the government in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla