Govt rules out creation of more states
New Delhi: The Government has no plans to create new states like Bodoland, Gorkhaland, Vidarbha or Bundelkhand on the lines of the proposed Telangana state, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"There are no such proposals under consideration of the Government of India at the moment," Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said in written reply.
Following the Centre`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh, proponents Bodoland, Gorkhaland, among others, have intensified their agitation for creation of new states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here