Govt rules out creation of more states
New Delhi: The Government has no plans to create new states like Bodoland, Gorkhaland, Vidarbha or Bundelkhand on the lines of the proposed Telangana state, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"There are no such proposals under consideration of the Government of India at the moment," Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said in written reply.
Following the Centre`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh, proponents Bodoland, Gorkhaland, among others, have intensified their agitation for creation of new states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog