Govt rules out creation of more states
New Delhi: The Government has no plans to create new states like Bodoland, Gorkhaland, Vidarbha or Bundelkhand on the lines of the proposed Telangana state, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"There are no such proposals under consideration of the Government of India at the moment," Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said in written reply.
Following the Centre`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh, proponents Bodoland, Gorkhaland, among others, have intensified their agitation for creation of new states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’