Govt rules out forming States Comm to create small states
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday ruled out
constitution of a second States Reorganisation Commission for
creation of smaller states.
Minister of State for Home Gurudas Kamat also said that
the Central government is not considering a general
reorganisation of the states at this point of time and made it
clear that it has not received any proposal from any state
government for creation of any new state.
He, however, said demands and representations have come
from time to time from various individuals and organisations
for creation of new states like Telangana in Andhra Pradesh,
Vidarbha in Maharashtra and Bundelkhand in Uttar Pradesh and
The other demands received include creation of Bhojpur in
east Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Bihar, Saurashtra in
Gujarat, Coorg in Karnataka, Koshalanchal in western Orissa,
Gorkhaland in West Bengal, Mithilanchal in North Bihar, parts
of UP and West Bengal, Purvanchal, Harit Pradesh, Braj Pradesh
and Awadh Pradesh comprising various regions of UP.
"Government takes decision on the matter of formation of
new states after taking into consideration of all relevant
factors. Action by the government would depend on the felt
need and general consensus," Kamat told Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?