Govt says no to Anna’s fast-unto-death
New Delhi: Anna Hazare is likely to be
granted permission for holding his indefinite fast in Ramlila
Maidan but with conditions that there will be no
fast-unto-death and no use of loudspeakers beyond 10 pm.
Sources privy to the developments said indications of
granting permission to hold the protest in Ramlila Maidan has
already been given to Team Anna.
However, the government has suggested that they should be
no demand for fast-unto-death and it will depute a team of
doctors which will be continuously conduct medical
examinations, sources said.
While there is no restriction on number of protesters or
vehicles, the government has conveyed that no loudspeakers
will be allowed beyond 10 pm.
The choice of Ramlila Maidan as an alternative venue was
taken as it was bigger than the Jai Prakash Narain Park where
Hazare proposed to sit on an indefinite fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan