Govt says no to Anna’s fast-unto-death
New Delhi: Anna Hazare is likely to be
granted permission for holding his indefinite fast in Ramlila
Maidan but with conditions that there will be no
fast-unto-death and no use of loudspeakers beyond 10 pm.
Sources privy to the developments said indications of
granting permission to hold the protest in Ramlila Maidan has
already been given to Team Anna.
However, the government has suggested that they should be
no demand for fast-unto-death and it will depute a team of
doctors which will be continuously conduct medical
examinations, sources said.
While there is no restriction on number of protesters or
vehicles, the government has conveyed that no loudspeakers
will be allowed beyond 10 pm.
The choice of Ramlila Maidan as an alternative venue was
taken as it was bigger than the Jai Prakash Narain Park where
Hazare proposed to sit on an indefinite fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside