Govt says no to Anna’s fast-unto-death
New Delhi: Anna Hazare is likely to be
granted permission for holding his indefinite fast in Ramlila
Maidan but with conditions that there will be no
fast-unto-death and no use of loudspeakers beyond 10 pm.
Sources privy to the developments said indications of
granting permission to hold the protest in Ramlila Maidan has
already been given to Team Anna.
However, the government has suggested that they should be
no demand for fast-unto-death and it will depute a team of
doctors which will be continuously conduct medical
examinations, sources said.
While there is no restriction on number of protesters or
vehicles, the government has conveyed that no loudspeakers
will be allowed beyond 10 pm.
The choice of Ramlila Maidan as an alternative venue was
taken as it was bigger than the Jai Prakash Narain Park where
Hazare proposed to sit on an indefinite fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic