Govt seeks advice on disclosing Lokpal recordings
New Delhi: The Government has sought the
advice of the Law Ministry on making public the audio recordings of proceedings of the joint drafting committee on the Lokpal Bill constituted after Anna Hazare`s fast in April.
The Committee comprising five members of team Anna and
five cabinet ministers was formed to finalise the draft of the
Lokpal Bill and audio recordings of the proceedings were made.
"Joint drafting committee was constituted by notification of the Ministry of Law and Justice wherein JDC was supposed to evolve its own procedure.
"It may be further noted that the matter relating to RTI queries on audio-recordings of JDC has been referred to Department of Legal Affairs in Ministry of Law and Justice for
clarification," an RTI response from Department of Personnel
and Training has said.
Activist S C Agrawal had sought to know from the
Personnel Department the audio recordings of the proceedings
of the committee in the form of a compact CDs.
The department said it has posted the details of
proceedings in the form of minutes on its website but the
audio-recordings were not available with it.
The Committee constituted on April 10 included Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram, the
then Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Telecom and HRD Minister
Kapil Sibal and the then Minority Affairs Minister, Salman
The civil society members included Anna Hazare, Justice N
Santosh Hedge, Shanti Bhushan, Prashan Bhushan and Arvind
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
- Beyond Leicester City and Premier League: Understanding English Football Pyramid
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Links with Dawood Ibrahim: Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty, says Rajnath Singh
- BJP-led NDA completes 2 years in offfice: What Arvind Kejriwal thinks of Narendra Modi