Govt seeks advice on disclosing Lokpal recordings
New Delhi: The Government has sought the
advice of the Law Ministry on making public the audio recordings of proceedings of the joint drafting committee on the Lokpal Bill constituted after Anna Hazare`s fast in April.
The Committee comprising five members of team Anna and
five cabinet ministers was formed to finalise the draft of the
Lokpal Bill and audio recordings of the proceedings were made.
"Joint drafting committee was constituted by notification of the Ministry of Law and Justice wherein JDC was supposed to evolve its own procedure.
"It may be further noted that the matter relating to RTI queries on audio-recordings of JDC has been referred to Department of Legal Affairs in Ministry of Law and Justice for
clarification," an RTI response from Department of Personnel
and Training has said.
Activist S C Agrawal had sought to know from the
Personnel Department the audio recordings of the proceedings
of the committee in the form of a compact CDs.
The department said it has posted the details of
proceedings in the form of minutes on its website but the
audio-recordings were not available with it.
The Committee constituted on April 10 included Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram, the
then Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Telecom and HRD Minister
Kapil Sibal and the then Minority Affairs Minister, Salman
The civil society members included Anna Hazare, Justice N
Santosh Hedge, Shanti Bhushan, Prashan Bhushan and Arvind
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price