Govt selling fertile agricultural land at throwaway prices: BJP
Dehra Dun: BJP Tuesday accused the Uttarakhand government of selling farmers` land at throwaway prices in the name of industrial development and demanded a white paper on the activities of a project before second phase is launched.
"Bahuguna government is selling off precious agricultural land to investors in the name of industrialisation. This is not acceptable. We are for industrialisation but not at the cost of farmers` land," Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Ajay Bhatt told reporters here.
Claiming that vast tracts of land under phase-I of State Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Limited were yet to be utilised, he demanded a white paper on the first phase of its activities with details of money invested during the period and how many factories were set up.
"Launching SIDCUL II is meaningless before the state government exhausts its resources under SIDCUL I. Before the government launches the 2nd phase of SIDCUL it should disclose details of the transactions in SIDCUL I" he said.
Terming SIDCUL II as an eyewash, he said it was an attempt by the state government to divert people`s attention from its "non-performance" during the last seven months of its tenure.
SIDCUL is an enterprise of the Uttarakhand government which promotes industries and develops industrial infrastructure in the state. It also provides tax incentives to companies establishing plants on its industrial estates presently at Haridwar, Pantnagar and Sitarganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday