Govt should act against Hindu extremist outfits: CPI
New Delhi: The CPI on Friday asked the Centre
to take stern action against Hindu extremist outfits allegedly
involved in terror acts, claiming there was "enough evidence"
"The Union Home Ministry should take note and act
against them. There is enough evidence against these
organisations like the Sri Ram Sene and others on their
alleged involvement in terror acts," CPI National Secretary D
Raja said here.
He said the government has been "more focussed" on
tackling Leftwing extremism but "rightwing extremism is
proving to be more dangerous to national unity and integrity"
Raja`s statement came after the CPI(M) castigated the
Centre for "lack of firmness" in dealing with Hindutva
extremists and demanded a coordinated probe into the attacks
in Malegaon, Hyderabad and Ajmer allegedly carried out by such
"The terrorist attacks in Malegaon, Hyderabad and
Ajmer must be seen as the handiwork of a network of Hindutva
extremist groups. They are a mirror image of their Muslim
counterparts. What is required therefore is a coordinated
investigation into all these attacks.
"It is inexplicable why cases involving the Hindutva
terrorist attacks have not been handed over for investigation
by the newly set up National Investigation Agency," barring
the Goa blast case, CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan