Govt should cancel coal blocks allocation: BJP
New Delhi: Welcoming the CBI raids on companies suspected to be involved in irregularities in allocation of coal blocks, BJP on Tuesday said the government should take a cue from this and cancel the allocation.
"We welcome the CBI raids. It is a good development. Taking a cue from this, the government should also cancel the coal block allocations. It should also reply in Parliament as to why it is not cancelling the allocations. It is clear that the government is not ready for a debate and is running away from it," BJP Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde said.
He was talking to reporters after the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting here today.
CBI today registered cases against five companies and unknown government officials as part of its probe into alleged irregularities in allocation of coal blocks and carried out searches across 10 cities.
The coal block allocation issue came up for discussion in the BJP meeting. The party top brass dwelt at length about the matter to educate the MPs about the issue, including the CBI raids, the stand taken by Inter-ministerial Group (IMG) and the reported differences on it.
BJP MPs will continue to disrupt Parliament and force adjournments today as well as for the remaining three days of the Monsoon Session.
The party will also take the issue to the people after the Parliament session gets over by holding public meetings and demonstrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?