Govt should cancel coal blocks allocation: BJP
New Delhi: Welcoming the CBI raids on companies suspected to be involved in irregularities in allocation of coal blocks, BJP on Tuesday said the government should take a cue from this and cancel the allocation.
"We welcome the CBI raids. It is a good development. Taking a cue from this, the government should also cancel the coal block allocations. It should also reply in Parliament as to why it is not cancelling the allocations. It is clear that the government is not ready for a debate and is running away from it," BJP Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde said.
He was talking to reporters after the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting here today.
CBI today registered cases against five companies and unknown government officials as part of its probe into alleged irregularities in allocation of coal blocks and carried out searches across 10 cities.
The coal block allocation issue came up for discussion in the BJP meeting. The party top brass dwelt at length about the matter to educate the MPs about the issue, including the CBI raids, the stand taken by Inter-ministerial Group (IMG) and the reported differences on it.
BJP MPs will continue to disrupt Parliament and force adjournments today as well as for the remaining three days of the Monsoon Session.
The party will also take the issue to the people after the Parliament session gets over by holding public meetings and demonstrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000