Govt should cancel coal blocks allocation: BJP
New Delhi: Welcoming the CBI raids on companies suspected to be involved in irregularities in allocation of coal blocks, BJP on Tuesday said the government should take a cue from this and cancel the allocation.
"We welcome the CBI raids. It is a good development. Taking a cue from this, the government should also cancel the coal block allocations. It should also reply in Parliament as to why it is not cancelling the allocations. It is clear that the government is not ready for a debate and is running away from it," BJP Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde said.
He was talking to reporters after the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting here today.
CBI today registered cases against five companies and unknown government officials as part of its probe into alleged irregularities in allocation of coal blocks and carried out searches across 10 cities.
The coal block allocation issue came up for discussion in the BJP meeting. The party top brass dwelt at length about the matter to educate the MPs about the issue, including the CBI raids, the stand taken by Inter-ministerial Group (IMG) and the reported differences on it.
BJP MPs will continue to disrupt Parliament and force adjournments today as well as for the remaining three days of the Monsoon Session.
The party will also take the issue to the people after the Parliament session gets over by holding public meetings and demonstrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!