Govt should disclose who leaked Gen Singh`s letter
New Delhi: BJP on Monday asked the government to state who was behind the leakage of Army Chief Gen V K Singh`s letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in which he had raised issues regarding the country`s defence preparedness.
"There are various versions about who leaked the sensitive document. Now a report says that it was leaked by a joint secretary in Cabinet Secretariat. It is time government makes a statement on the issue and come clean," party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi reporters here.
He was asked to comment on a report about an IB investigation which has blamed a Joint Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat of leaking Gen Singh`s letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'