Govt should disclose who leaked Gen Singh`s letter
New Delhi: BJP on Monday asked the government to state who was behind the leakage of Army Chief Gen V K Singh`s letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in which he had raised issues regarding the country`s defence preparedness.
"There are various versions about who leaked the sensitive document. Now a report says that it was leaked by a joint secretary in Cabinet Secretariat. It is time government makes a statement on the issue and come clean," party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi reporters here.
He was asked to comment on a report about an IB investigation which has blamed a Joint Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat of leaking Gen Singh`s letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'