Govt should ensure constitutional bodies` independence: Joshi
Kanpur: Government should not use constitutional bodies for its own interests and strive to make them independent, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said on Tuesday.
"Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) exposed many scams in the UPA government which came before PAC due to which government is trying to weaken the constitutional body," Joshi, who is Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chairman, alleged.
If government weakens its constitutional bodies then democracy will be weakened and there will be "dictatorship" in the country, he said.
He alleged that agencies like CBI and IB were not truly independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof