`Govt should explain why Jaitley`s phone was tapped`
Kolkata: Demanding an apology from the Centre for the alleged phone tapping of the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said the government should give an explanation for the same.
"The government should explain why the phone of Arun Jaitley was tapped. Without any reason, the phone of a person cannot be tapped," Joshi told reporters here.
"The government should apologise to Arun Jaitley for tapping his phone. The government should also take stern action against the officials involved in it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing