`Govt should explain why Jaitley`s phone was tapped`
Kolkata: Demanding an apology from the Centre for the alleged phone tapping of the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said the government should give an explanation for the same.
"The government should explain why the phone of Arun Jaitley was tapped. Without any reason, the phone of a person cannot be tapped," Joshi told reporters here.
"The government should apologise to Arun Jaitley for tapping his phone. The government should also take stern action against the officials involved in it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indonesia executes foreign convicts despite protests; Indian national spared
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why