Govt should not use cash transfer as Congress scheme: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday cautioned the government against using the cash transfer issue as a Congress scheme and alleged it is making a mockery of the Election Commission by going ahead with the policy despite warning from the poll panel.
"There has been no effect on Congress of the Election Commission`s orders. It is going ahead with the policy despite warnings from the Commission. There are polls in Gujarat. This money is the taxpayers` money, including that belonging to the people of Gujarat," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here.
He alleged that Congress is treating it as a scheme of the party. "Rahul Gandhi has held meetings with district chiefs to discuss the cash transfer scheme..."
BJP also pointed out that the cash transfer scheme was announced by the Union ministers at the Congress office.
The Election Commission had ordered that implementation of the first phase of the scheme should be stopped in four places in Gujarat and two in Himachal Pradesh as elections are on in both the states.
"Congress is making a mockery of EC as well by going ahead with the implementation," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US