Govt should provide clean water to every citizen: Iqbal Singh
Rajahmundry: Pondicherry Lt Governor Dr
Iqbal Singh today said the government should make sure that
every citizen of the country gets clean water.
Singh, who was here to inaugurate Y S Rajasekhara Reddy
underground water pipeline at Dowleswaram, said the drinking
water must be preserved in view of changing global situation.
"If, we fail to preserve the drinking water, we would face
a severe water problem in 2020. Every citizen must preserve
water," Singh said. The government should implement new plans to provide clean drinking water to every citizen in the country, he said.
Pondicherry Revenue Minister Maladi Krishna said the
pipeline project is envisaged at at Rs 50 crore, out of which
Rs 32 crore would be provided by Central Government and
Pondicherry government will bear remaining Rs 18 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!