Govt should provide clean water to every citizen: Iqbal Singh
Rajahmundry: Pondicherry Lt Governor Dr
Iqbal Singh today said the government should make sure that
every citizen of the country gets clean water.
Singh, who was here to inaugurate Y S Rajasekhara Reddy
underground water pipeline at Dowleswaram, said the drinking
water must be preserved in view of changing global situation.
"If, we fail to preserve the drinking water, we would face
a severe water problem in 2020. Every citizen must preserve
water," Singh said. The government should implement new plans to provide clean drinking water to every citizen in the country, he said.
Pondicherry Revenue Minister Maladi Krishna said the
pipeline project is envisaged at at Rs 50 crore, out of which
Rs 32 crore would be provided by Central Government and
Pondicherry government will bear remaining Rs 18 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority