Govt should talk to Ramdev: Anna
New Delhi: Gandhian Anna Hazare on Friday appealed to the Centre for asking Baba Ramdev to end his fast.
Expressing concerns over his deteriorating health, Hazare said, “Government should intervene on humanitarian grounds and talk to Baba Ramdev. I am making this appeal purely on humanitarian grounds.”
Addressing reporters at his village Ralegan Siddhi, Anna Hazare said, “Constitution gives right to a citizen to stage dharnas and campaigns by going on fast.” So it was legitimate for Baba to go on fast, but it needed to be considered that his health was now failing, he felt.
Gandhian Anna Hazare, on Wednesday, had observed a daylong fast at Rajghat to denounce the police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev and said a "second independence struggle" was on to banish corruption from India - a call that struck an instant cord across India.
The Anna Hazare group had, however, distanced itself from Ramdev`s decision to raise an armed force to resist any government crackdown on the anti-corruption movement, saying all protests have to be non-violent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH