Govt should talk to Ramdev: Anna
New Delhi: Gandhian Anna Hazare on Friday appealed to the Centre for asking Baba Ramdev to end his fast.
Expressing concerns over his deteriorating health, Hazare said, “Government should intervene on humanitarian grounds and talk to Baba Ramdev. I am making this appeal purely on humanitarian grounds.”
Addressing reporters at his village Ralegan Siddhi, Anna Hazare said, “Constitution gives right to a citizen to stage dharnas and campaigns by going on fast.” So it was legitimate for Baba to go on fast, but it needed to be considered that his health was now failing, he felt.
Gandhian Anna Hazare, on Wednesday, had observed a daylong fast at Rajghat to denounce the police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev and said a "second independence struggle" was on to banish corruption from India - a call that struck an instant cord across India.
The Anna Hazare group had, however, distanced itself from Ramdev`s decision to raise an armed force to resist any government crackdown on the anti-corruption movement, saying all protests have to be non-violent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’