Govt should tell Pak brutality will not be tolerated: Vijay
New Delhi: A BJP leader on Sunday asked the government to give a clear message to Pakistan on the attack on Sarabjit Singh in a jail there that India would not tolerate such brutal assault on its citizens.
"The Government should give a clear message to Pakistan that India will not tolerate such barbaric and inhuman treatment with its nationals," BJP MP Tarun Vijay said.
49-year-old Sarabjit is in coma in Jinnah Hospital in Lahore where he was admitted on Friday after he was attacked by at least six other prisoners within his barrack at Kot Lakhpat Jail.
"Indian national Chamel Singh died there but India did not take any action. If it would have been a citizen of the US or a European country, would Pakistan have done the same?" he said, adding that Sarabjit was innocent and he should be allowed to be brought to India "immediately".
Vijay was speaking on the sidelines on a function at the India International Centre here.
On the issue of Chinese incursion in Ladakh, he said Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid should reshedule his visit to China and demanded that his counterpart should visit India first to explain their position on the issue.
"We need to give a strong message to China because it is the only language which they understand. It is because of failure and weakness of the UPA government that China is crossing the limits. It would have never happen under NDA`s regime," he said
"April 15 incident has made a negative impact before the Chinese Premier`s visit to India next month. Before he comes to India, China should vacate the Depsang Valley in eastern Ladakh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!