Govt spending crores on dividing Team Anna: Hazare
New Delhi: As Team Anna’s fast at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar entered fourth day on Saturday, social activist Anna Hazare exclusively told Zee News that crores of rupees are being spent by the government to create differences between his team members.
Hitting out at the government for continuously trying to malign his team members, Anna Hazare said, “Team members Shanti Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi and myself have been repeatedly targeted. Even the Salman Khurshid episode was orchestrated by the government to create differences in the team.”
The anti-corruption crusader confirmed that he will join his team members on an indefinite fast from tomorrow. Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai are sitting on an indefinite fast from July 25. Notably, the Gandhian has been advised by doctors not to go ahead with fast due to health concerns.
Commenting on the low turnout at the protest site, Hazare said that that size of the crowd does not matter. “The ‘andolan’ is going on in 550 districts, so it is not correct to say that the crowd is huge or less.”
When asked about joining hands with yoga guru Baba Ramdev, the anti-corruption crusader said, “Myself and Ramdevji are united in the fight against black money and Jan Lokpal Bill. We had decided that he will come and support our movement and similarly we will also go to Ramlila Maidan on August 9 to support his movement.”
On Team Anna’s plans on 2014 General Elections, the anti-corruption crusader clarified that his team has no plans to fight elections.
“Good people should be elected to Parliament. If people who have clean image and have done good for the society decide to contest elections, then they will be supported by me. Jan Lokpal Bill can only be passed if such people get elected to Parliament.”
On the accusations that he and his team have been criticising the Congress party only and not targeting other political parties, Hazare said, “It is wrong to say such things as his past agitations in Maharashtra had led to the downfall of six ministers and a few of them were from the BJP as well.”
This time around there has been a lukewarm response to Team Anna’s agitation, contrary to what the nation witnessed last year in April and August, when lakhs of people took to the streets to lend their support to Lokpal movement.
Baba Ramdev, who extended his support to Team Anna’s movement and also shared the dais with Anna Hazare yesterday, is scheduled to visit the protest site today also.
"We will support whoever fights against corruption. This fight is to protect the country," he said yesterday.
The empty areas of the stand at Jantar Mantar overflowed with people as Ramdev arrived at around 4 pm on Friday after inspecting the Ramlila Ground - the site for his agitation starting August 9 - and vowed support to Team Anna`s protest action.
There were only about 400 people at 12 noon, contrary to the thousands that had turned out at Team Anna`s earlier agitations in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'