Govt spending more on ads, less on relief in Leh: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday claimed the government
was spending "more money in advertisement than relief work" in
Leh and termed the relief package announced by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh as "inadequate".
"This government is spending more on advertisement and
less on relief operation in Leh. We condemn it," BJP leader
Prakash Javdekar, who had gone to Leh, told reporters outside
Terming the PM`s relief package as inadequate, he said
"We had gone to Leh and found that 3,000 hectars of farm land
has been completely destroyed. The relief package announced by
the PM is not sufficient."
People whose shops have been destroyed have also got
nothing, he said adding "We are going to meet the PM to demand
more relief for Leh."
Javdekar, however, was all praise for the Army`s role in
the rescue and relief operations in the harsh terrain and
said, "They (Army) had done a good job."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!