Govt spending more on ads, less on relief in Leh: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday claimed the government
was spending "more money in advertisement than relief work" in
Leh and termed the relief package announced by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh as "inadequate".
"This government is spending more on advertisement and
less on relief operation in Leh. We condemn it," BJP leader
Prakash Javdekar, who had gone to Leh, told reporters outside
Terming the PM`s relief package as inadequate, he said
"We had gone to Leh and found that 3,000 hectars of farm land
has been completely destroyed. The relief package announced by
the PM is not sufficient."
People whose shops have been destroyed have also got
nothing, he said adding "We are going to meet the PM to demand
more relief for Leh."
Javdekar, however, was all praise for the Army`s role in
the rescue and relief operations in the harsh terrain and
said, "They (Army) had done a good job."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray