Govt spending more on ads, less on relief in Leh: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday claimed the government
was spending "more money in advertisement than relief work" in
Leh and termed the relief package announced by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh as "inadequate".
"This government is spending more on advertisement and
less on relief operation in Leh. We condemn it," BJP leader
Prakash Javdekar, who had gone to Leh, told reporters outside
Terming the PM`s relief package as inadequate, he said
"We had gone to Leh and found that 3,000 hectars of farm land
has been completely destroyed. The relief package announced by
the PM is not sufficient."
People whose shops have been destroyed have also got
nothing, he said adding "We are going to meet the PM to demand
more relief for Leh."
Javdekar, however, was all praise for the Army`s role in
the rescue and relief operations in the harsh terrain and
said, "They (Army) had done a good job."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani