Govt `spineless` on Sarabjit and other issues: BJP
Bangalore: BJP on Saturday described the attack on Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail as the "most unfortunate episode" and slammed the alleged "weak and meek" response of the government on this and other issues, including Chinese incursion.
"It is a spineless government. Not just this episode. Even when two Indian soldiers were beheaded (by Pakistan), the government did not utter a single word," BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
He said on the Chinese incursion in Ladakh region, the government was fighting shy "even to take the name of China" and to take a strong stand against it.
"It (attack on Sarabjit Singh) is a most unfortunate episode. The government did not do anything. It speaks of a weak and meek response of government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP