Govt `spineless` on Sarabjit and other issues: BJP
Bangalore: BJP on Saturday described the attack on Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail as the "most unfortunate episode" and slammed the alleged "weak and meek" response of the government on this and other issues, including Chinese incursion.
"It is a spineless government. Not just this episode. Even when two Indian soldiers were beheaded (by Pakistan), the government did not utter a single word," BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
He said on the Chinese incursion in Ladakh region, the government was fighting shy "even to take the name of China" and to take a strong stand against it.
"It (attack on Sarabjit Singh) is a most unfortunate episode. The government did not do anything. It speaks of a weak and meek response of government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends