Govt taking steps to bring back Fasih: PC
New Delhi: Government will take all possible steps to bring back Fasih Mohammed, an accused in Bangalore and Delhi blasts and detained in Saudi Arabia, to India.
"He is in Saudi Arabia. He was detained there. Steps will be taken to extradite him to India," Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
An engineer by profession, 28-year old Fasih is alleged to have been involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore and the shooting incident near Jama Masjid (Delhi) in 2010 and is wanted by both Delhi and Karnataka Police.
"A Red Corner Notice has already been issued. He was wanted in several cases," Chidambaram said.
On the request of Karnataka and Delhi Police, CBI had asked the Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice against Fasih after which Saudi authorities have conveyed that he has been apprehended by them.
Fasih had reportedly been missing and his wife Nikhat Parveen approached the Supreme Court claiming her husband was in the custody of central security agencies.
Parveen moved the Supreme Court alleging her husband was picked up by a joint team of Indian and Saudi officials on May 13 for his alleged terror links.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam