Govt taking steps to bring back Fasih: PC
New Delhi: Government will take all possible steps to bring back Fasih Mohammed, an accused in Bangalore and Delhi blasts and detained in Saudi Arabia, to India.
"He is in Saudi Arabia. He was detained there. Steps will be taken to extradite him to India," Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
An engineer by profession, 28-year old Fasih is alleged to have been involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore and the shooting incident near Jama Masjid (Delhi) in 2010 and is wanted by both Delhi and Karnataka Police.
"A Red Corner Notice has already been issued. He was wanted in several cases," Chidambaram said.
On the request of Karnataka and Delhi Police, CBI had asked the Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice against Fasih after which Saudi authorities have conveyed that he has been apprehended by them.
Fasih had reportedly been missing and his wife Nikhat Parveen approached the Supreme Court claiming her husband was in the custody of central security agencies.
Parveen moved the Supreme Court alleging her husband was picked up by a joint team of Indian and Saudi officials on May 13 for his alleged terror links.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan