Govt targeting anti-corruption crusaders: Ramdev
Jind: Yoga guru Ramdev on Friday accused the central government of targeting anti-corruption crusaders in the country.
"The government has targeted people who have raised their voice against rampant corruption and I am no exception," he told reporters after a two-day yoga camp at Arjun stadium here.
Ramdev said he has been served several notices since he started the crusade against blackmoney.
"I do not fear the notices and would submit my reply in the court," he added.
"In democracy, mass awareness and public opinion lead to anger among people which forces even political parties to mend their ways. We are working on creating mass awareness to bring such people on the right path," the yoga guru said.
Ramdev claimed that he would continue his movement to bring back the blackmoney stashed in foreign banks.
"No notice or action can force me to withdraw from the campaign," he said.
Ramdev termed reports on his differences with Anna Hazare as a "futile" effort by few people to weaken the campaign against blackmoney and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack