Govt targeting anti-corruption crusaders: Ramdev
Jind: Yoga guru Ramdev on Friday accused the central government of targeting anti-corruption crusaders in the country.
"The government has targeted people who have raised their voice against rampant corruption and I am no exception," he told reporters after a two-day yoga camp at Arjun stadium here.
Ramdev said he has been served several notices since he started the crusade against blackmoney.
"I do not fear the notices and would submit my reply in the court," he added.
"In democracy, mass awareness and public opinion lead to anger among people which forces even political parties to mend their ways. We are working on creating mass awareness to bring such people on the right path," the yoga guru said.
Ramdev claimed that he would continue his movement to bring back the blackmoney stashed in foreign banks.
"No notice or action can force me to withdraw from the campaign," he said.
Ramdev termed reports on his differences with Anna Hazare as a "futile" effort by few people to weaken the campaign against blackmoney and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat