Govt tells all depts to improve officials` competence
New Delhi: Aimed at improving competence of government officials, the Centre has asked all its ministries, public sector units and departments to "urgently undertake" a detailed training programme for the purpose.
It will also carry out a thorough review after three years of training and skill development programme conducted by each of them as part of the initiative under the National Training Policy (NTP).
"The overarching training framework enunciated in the National Training Policy, (NTP) 2012 is `Competency Framework`.
"Implementation of this concept by ministries or departments would bring to light various competency gaps of employees that need to be bridged through a range of training interventions to enhance their performance," the DoPT said in an office memorandum.
To meet the quantum of training requirement arising out of the adoption of competency framework, each ministry, department or Cadre Controlling Authority would have to urgently undertake the appointment of training manager and creation of training cell to institutionalise the training and development activities, it said.
The government has also suggested development of Annual Training Plan (ATP) by each ministry or department for all employees working under it, development of domain or sector specific trainers and training institutions as `Centre of Excellence`.
"A review of the impact of these training and development activities should be undertaken once in 3 to 5 years to ensure that there is a conscious periodic effort of critically evaluating them to meet the needs of the individual and aligning them with those of the organisation," said Upma Srivastava, Joint Secretary (Training).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in