Govt tells all depts to improve officials` competence
New Delhi: Aimed at improving competence of government officials, the Centre has asked all its ministries, public sector units and departments to "urgently undertake" a detailed training programme for the purpose.
It will also carry out a thorough review after three years of training and skill development programme conducted by each of them as part of the initiative under the National Training Policy (NTP).
"The overarching training framework enunciated in the National Training Policy, (NTP) 2012 is `Competency Framework`.
"Implementation of this concept by ministries or departments would bring to light various competency gaps of employees that need to be bridged through a range of training interventions to enhance their performance," the DoPT said in an office memorandum.
To meet the quantum of training requirement arising out of the adoption of competency framework, each ministry, department or Cadre Controlling Authority would have to urgently undertake the appointment of training manager and creation of training cell to institutionalise the training and development activities, it said.
The government has also suggested development of Annual Training Plan (ATP) by each ministry or department for all employees working under it, development of domain or sector specific trainers and training institutions as `Centre of Excellence`.
"A review of the impact of these training and development activities should be undertaken once in 3 to 5 years to ensure that there is a conscious periodic effort of critically evaluating them to meet the needs of the individual and aligning them with those of the organisation," said Upma Srivastava, Joint Secretary (Training).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM