Govt tells all depts to improve officials` competence
New Delhi: Aimed at improving competence of government officials, the Centre has asked all its ministries, public sector units and departments to "urgently undertake" a detailed training programme for the purpose.
It will also carry out a thorough review after three years of training and skill development programme conducted by each of them as part of the initiative under the National Training Policy (NTP).
"The overarching training framework enunciated in the National Training Policy, (NTP) 2012 is `Competency Framework`.
"Implementation of this concept by ministries or departments would bring to light various competency gaps of employees that need to be bridged through a range of training interventions to enhance their performance," the DoPT said in an office memorandum.
To meet the quantum of training requirement arising out of the adoption of competency framework, each ministry, department or Cadre Controlling Authority would have to urgently undertake the appointment of training manager and creation of training cell to institutionalise the training and development activities, it said.
The government has also suggested development of Annual Training Plan (ATP) by each ministry or department for all employees working under it, development of domain or sector specific trainers and training institutions as `Centre of Excellence`.
"A review of the impact of these training and development activities should be undertaken once in 3 to 5 years to ensure that there is a conscious periodic effort of critically evaluating them to meet the needs of the individual and aligning them with those of the organisation," said Upma Srivastava, Joint Secretary (Training).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet