Govt temporarily upgrades posts of 22 senior IAS officers
New Delhi: The Centre on Friday upgraded posts of 22 senior bureaucrats, most of whom are due to take over as Secretary from next month.
IAS officer Rajiv Takru, who is working as Officer on Special Duty in Department of Financial Services, has been approved rank and pay of Secretary with effect from January 11, an official release said.
Takru, a 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, will take over as Secretary, Department of Financial Services from February 1 after the present incumbent D K Mittal superannuates.
Besides, Enforcement Director Rajan S Katoch, has also been given rank and pay of Secretary.
Katoch, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, is working as Director, Directorate of Enforcement under the Department of Revenue.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Syamal Kumar Sarkar, IAS (WB:79) as Special Secretary, Department of Personnel and Training till he takes over as Secretary (Water Resources).
The ACC has also given rank and pay of Secretary to Rajiv Gupta, IAS (Uttarakhand:79), Managing Director, National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation (NAFED) under Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
It has also appointed Ravi Mathur, IAS(RJ:79), as Special Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment till he takes over as Secretary (Disinvestment), the release said adding that the upgradation comes into effect on in-situ basis.
The ACC has upgraded the post to the rank and pay of Secretary held by Prasanna Kumar Mohanty, IAS(AP:79),who is working as Mission Director, Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) under the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation.
Whereas, the Committee upgraded the post to Special Secretary being held by Sudhir Bhargava, IAS(RJ:79), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Siraj Hussain, IAS(UP:79), Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Zohra Chatterji, IAS(UP:79), Ministry of Coal, Nilanjan Sanyal, IAS(OR:79), Ministry of Women and Child Development and S Machendranathan, IAS(TN:79), Ministry of Civil Aviation.
The posts held by Ravindra Singh, IAS(UP:79), in Ministry of Culture, Gauri Kumar, IAS(GJ:79), Ministry of Mines, Anup Kumar Thakur, IAS(AM:79), in Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Afzal Amanullah, IAS(BH:79), Department of Consumer Affairs, G Mohan Kumar, IAS(OR:79), in Ministry of Water Resources and LC Goyal, IAS(KL:79), in Cabinet Secretariat have been upgraded to Special Secretary, it said.
EK Bharat Bhushan, IAS(KL:79), working in Ministry of Steel and Bimal Julka, IAS(MP:79), in Ministry of External Affairs have been given rank and pay of Special Secretary in their respective departments.
The ACC also approved rank and pay of Secretary to Vandana Kumari Jena, IAS(OR:79), working as Principal Adviser, Planning Commission, Lalit K Panwar, IAS(RJ:79), Vice-Chairman & Managing Director, India Tourism Development Corporation, under Ministry of Tourism and Meera Mehrishi, IAS(RJ:79), Special Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt